An important addendum to using `curl` - be sure to check the downloaded
files.  If a wiki is not available, curl will simply save the "not found"
page instead of the actual wiki.

On Saturday, October 31, 2020 at 4:27:44 PM UTC-4 springer wrote:

> Amreus, thanks for this curl tip (which I used with MacOS terminal).
> With over a dozen tiddlyspot sites, I was able to crank out these backups,
> and your tip will be useful for other purposes too!
>
> -Springer
>
> On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 4:31:39 AM UTC-4 amreus wrote:
>
>> Quick command line backup:
>>
>> > curl http://yoursite.tiddlyspot.com > yoursite.html
>>
>> curl is available on most operating systems by default, including Windows.

>>> Prior to the recent TiddlySpot crisis, the normal way to download a copy
>>> of your TiddlySpot
>>> was to go to http://yoursite.tiddlyspot.com/download
>>>
>>> However, the download link is not currently available.
>>>
>>> As a work-around:
>>>
>>> 1) open your TiddlySpot (e.g., http://yoursite.tiddlyspot.com)
>>> 2) create a new tiddler containing:
>>> [[click me|http://yoursite.tiddlyspot.com]]
>>> 3) *right click* on the "click me" link that is displayed
>>> 4) Choose "Save link as..."