Still trying to figure out how to apply style overwrites to transcluded
tiddlers, but in cases where there isn't any pre-existing style stuff
applying to the tiddler transcluded by the tabs that would affect the
margin or padding properties, the following CSS code would work. Though I
don't know if it affects more than it's supposed to. Could someone with
greater CSS knowledge check it? I'm particularly worried about the part
that messes with <p>. Is there a more exact way to affect that?)

.tc-tab-content.tc-vertical {
padding-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
border: 1px lightgray solid;
}
.tc-tiddler-body.tc-reveal p {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

(I still don't know how to put code blocks into google group things. I
can't even find a button for it.)
Also, when the target tiddler has a style that would influence the margins
and stuff, the following addition to the style sheet seems to be effective.
(#paper is the name of the style div thing I was testing with.)

.tc-tab-content.tc-vertical #paper {
margin: 0px;
width: auto;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 0px #888;
}

(I was testing out a css style that made a page look like a piece of lined
paper. It worked but it messed with the margins so I found out I needed to
readjust the margin settings when transcluding tiddlers that used the lined
paper style. I can post the CSS for the lined paper if you want it.)