@ PMario, you're right. But there is few difference because most of the
time, a link to a foreign language will have a label in that language too.
In RGAA 4, we have:
Par exemple un lien affecté d'un title en anglais devra comporter un
attribut lang="en". The lang attribute is for the label, not for the
document. I read too fast. Thank you for correcting me.

There is a similar need when the foreign language change the sense of
reading with either LTR or RTL and the same logic applies.

What also may be needed, as I wrote elsewhere, is an hint text in case
where the label or the eventual picture is not explicit enough. And this
might be the case for internal link. that could be addressed with a syntax
like [[label|title|hint]] where |hint could only be the third field, which
may mean to duplicate label if label is the title, as in
[[foobar|foobar|helpful hint, isn't it?]].

Regards.