Thanks all for the discussion. I'm struggling through trying to replace
Tiddlyspot functionality... Spent some time figuring out the github thing -
did finally get it to save (sporadically anyways - frequent 409s). I didn't
do the "pages" part as that was a paid upgrade. So is my understanding
right:

Without the paid "pages" part, I can setup a file that will indeed push up
to github, but it then doesn't appear to save the file locally - so it's
one or the other? For each "session" I'd have to download from github, work
and save, then discard the local version and start again next session?
Seems like a rough workflow...

If I paid for the "pages" part - would it then more work like TiddlySpot
where I wouldn't need the local file, and I could use the actual online url
from any computer?