On Monday, November 30, 2020 at 3:48:02 PM UTC-6 Saq wrote

> @coda coder I want to take credit for that because I kick myself for not
> thinking of it. However that was all Jeremy's idea.
>
> Oh. Sorry and THANKS Jeremy!

@Saq - I took your example and played around with it, posted a comment (my
first, ever) before I realized it didn't/doesn't save :(

Basically, copied your example to a new tiddler, added a field "thing =
null", added a button up top which is populated by ((!!thing}}, added an
$action-setfield that placed data-item-id in the thing field (which of
course then appears in the button). Dumb as hell but gets the life-cycle
point across "live".

> I just got excited when he posted an early version and  took on the task
> of polishing it up so it was ready for 5.1.23. I share your excitement, it
> is the most excited I have been about something new in TW since we first
> got custom fields way back in the days of TiddlyWiki Classic.

Ha! I remember it well. THIS change does it for me - and $log comes in a
close second THAT was you right?). I have some huge wikis here that seemed
to work a little snappier in 5.1.23 so I'm super pleased and somewhat
amazed how little they've grown byte for byte. Amazing work all round!

CodaCoder