@History Buff while unlikely, the upgrade mechanism could potentially be
the culprit as well. Instead of using the upgrader, save the empty file
from https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/empty.html and try importing the
contents of your old TW into it, and see if the problem is still there.

What has changed in 5.1.23 with regards to the font-family is that
previously this CSS rule was applied to html and now is applied to html,
body. (So an older version of the vanilla base tiddler would cause
problems.)