There is indeed no simple flag in TiddlyWiki for mobile vs. desktop because
we’ve long passed the point where the underlying distinction is simple.
Instead, as Tones points out, designers use CSS to craft interfaces that
gracefully respond to different screen sizes and JavaScript to make behaviours
that work differently across platforms eg for touch vs. mouse. Even there,
there’s a lot of confusion: many devices support both touch and mouse, and all
of them make some attempt to emulate between the two.

In your case, it sounds like the simplest thing might be to wrap your custom
view template in a class, and then use CSS to hide that class if the screen
size is larger than a particular cut-off that works for your devices.

Best wishes

Jeremy