On Thursday, December 24, 2020 at 1:17:47 PM UTC-8  wrote:

> I would wager you never entered a value for the branch, but rather used
> the displayed default which is pre-filled as "master".
> Thus the $:/Github/Branch tiddler was never created in your wiki (it isn't
> new for 5.1.23). Like all the other tiddlers for the Github saver, it is
> only created when you enter a value.

I'm not talking about a brand-new setup on Github. I'm talking about an
existing one. So all the fields already had values.

My TW was 5.1.21. It was on github and saving there. All the saver fields
were filled in. I downloaded it, upgraded it, and then filled in the
authorization token. ALL the other fields were showing their original
values. But it wouldn't save -- until I wrote over the branch "master" with
the word "master".  I did not need to write over any of the other saver
fields.

So, if $:/Github/Branch already existed, did it get stripped out during the
upgrade? Why wasn't it used, just like the path, repository, api fields ?