Scot,

I modified your own code a bit and it should work.

<$list filter="[tag[task]!tag[done]]">
 <$macrocall $name="card"
   header="""<$checkbox tag="done">  <$link><$view field="due-date"
format="date" template="DDD DDth MMM YYYY"/></$link> </$checkbox>"""
   title="{{!!object-type}} - {{!!who}}"
   text="{{!!what}}<br>{{!!note}}"
   footer={{!!where}}
   width=18em