Hey @Soren: Great initiative -am delighted to hear of it!  As one fighting
his way up the learning curve (yet again
<https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/nTBhU9HVJqU/m/nnniYheNzmQJ> -only
*this* time for keeps! :-), i have to share a hard-won insight that i think
can help the book (and the software), which is: separate the work into
layers -minimum of 3- serving users at different levels of sophistication-
and take real care to avoid mixing them up.

This is not a new insight; in fact -as you can see in this video of last
TiddlyWiki hangout, around the 2 minute mark
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvLHjwYJfA4&t=120>- Dave Gifford organized
his "TiddlyWiki for the rest of us" site navigation around this principle,
i.e. :

   1. * For beginners: reading TiddlyWikis on the Internet*
   2. * For medium users: adding your own material to a TiddlyWiki file*
   3. * For advanced users: Customize your TW experience*

I realize there are no hard lines of division here, especially between
levels 2&3, and while 90-odd% of us here might fairly be called an
advanced-intermediate of some particular sort, i think we have *got* to
respect the limits of one who is just trying to enjoy a read-only
experience (including bread&butter functions like search, save, print), and
keep level 2 and 3 functions a comfortable level-of-abstraction away.

Looks like i've lapsed into talking about TW5 tech itself, not the book
-and, in a sense, this is appropriate: i think a book written in TW5,
whether it be something along lines of The-Book-Wiki by "kewapo"
<https://github.com/kewapo/The-Book-Wiki> or something entirely new and
different, would be the *perfect* vehicle for deployment of such a work,
which could serve as both a book and a pattern-library for other books to
follow.

That's my €0.02 of input, Soren, FWIW.  Would be happy to offer feedback,
if/whenever it may be ready -no charge, but then it might be difficult to
offer a comprehensive review of 70k words, including test-run of all those
exercises, etc, w/r/t any particular publishing deadline. (that would be a
job for the pros at O'Reilly or some such, i think).  Best of luck w/ this;
will be looking forward to more news on this front!

/walt