Thanks for the updates, Simon. I can confirm that <command>-click works to
decrease column numbers after I change the modifier key in settings. That
would be set-it-and-forget-it if one edits a TW on a single OS. KDE wants
to intercept the meta key though, so I'd have to change it back to ctrl for
editing there. I'm not sure what's the most elegant pattern to use (I don't
have one that I prefer over your current solution). Cycling up through 6 is
an OK fallback for occasional use.

I definitely think "muuri-tiddler-width" set to 1 is appropriate for the
Control Panel tiddler. At least on my 13" Retina screen.

So far this looks like an immediately-usable project for presenting
material and one of the prettiest-looking and intuitive demos out there.

Best,
Chris