Mark,

In the past I was a batch file guru. I must admit tiddlywiki with all its
complexity is easier to use than batch files, but last time I tried I could
use DOS commands like a pro, Although this could be the memory of skills
lost.

   - Complex if/then decision trees and sub functions all possible in batch
   files, but sometimes fiddly.
   - I used to write advanced "Basic" programs as input filters and more
   back in the day, or even exe batches.

In short if you are using TiddlyDesktop a link to an exe, file or folder
will be as if you typed from the command line.

<a title={{!!tooltip}} href="file:///C:\Data\batches\runnetworkcheck.cmd" >
Go</a>  Run
[[file:///C:\Data\batches\runnetworkcheck.cmd]] Run
[[file:///C:\Data\batches]] Open folder in Windows Explorer

To review the contents of a file I used

<$button set="Networkcheck!!last-refresh" setTo=<<now "0hh:0mm">> >
Refresh {{Networkcheck!!last-refresh}}
</$button>

<object width="100%" height="930"
data="file:///C:\Data\batches\networkcheck.txt"></object>

   - Of course you can do the same to execute PowerShell scripts.
   - I found a way to generate batch/command files and print them to the
   generic text printer and saving the batch, all that's left is to execute.
   - You can also write smart batches that monitor for the existence of a
   file and it it exists, execute or process it, so you need only save the
   file to have it processed.

Regards
Tones