Hi Saq,
 Good to hear Stream with that amount of amazing features is just release
0.2, so to get release 1.0 we will have tons of new features :-) :-)

Best wishes
Mohammad

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 4:19 PM Saq Imtiaz <saq.imt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mohammad,
>
> Thank you for the kind words and also the enthusiasm. Note that this is
> still version 0.2, we haven't gotten to 1.0 yet :)
>
> A lot of the smaller tweaks and widgets from Streams 0.1.x were already
> included in the core for TW 5.1.23.
> There are indeed some smaller things that I would prefer to include as
> separate plugins, but do not do so due to the lack of better dependency
> management and installation.

Nico also raised this and I hope TW could manage somehow this dependency in
an easy way like on installing new plugins shows a notification with links
to dependent plugins. I know it is not possible to have automatic
installation of required plugins.

> I did indeed have the core in mind when experimenting with the search in
> the Settings.
>
> Speaking of settings, I would personally prefer to have the code which
> displays the settings UI as a separate plugin, which when added creates a
> nice configuration UI for plugins that support it.  You may find it of
> interest how each config tiddler for a setting specifies its own UI:
>
> https://github.com/saqimtiaz/streams/blob/performance/plugins/streams/config/swipe-behaviour.tid

I love this feature!

> I am extending this with options for grouping settings together,
> specifying an order, and making a setting dependent on another setting
> being enabled.

Very useful indeed!

> The next round of improvements in Streams will focus on simplifying the
> action macros to take advantage of the filter improvements in 5.1.23.

Great!

> Cheers,
> Saq

Thank you Saq