I have a research fellow who uses Latex to make beautiful documents on a
Windows PC using some IDE (Integrated Development Environment).

I would like to know if the Latex/Katex plugin can handle "plain" text (no
math or chemistry notation) on my MacOS (10.15) with Tiddlywiki (5.1.23).
Taking examples from the founding textbook of Latex:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsh3m6edv09mcuu/Knuth_The-TeXBook.pdf?dl=0 does
not seem to work.

1) I copy a block of code into a tiddler

2) Wrap the block inside <$latex text=""" ... """
displayMode="true"></$latex>

3) Occasionally, I get red text (which means I am using an illegal code?)

JWHoneycutt