Hi David,

> I would prefer the parallel tab ($:/.giffmex/sidebar/parallel2
<https://giffmex.org/experiments/sidebar.concept.part.2.html#%24%3A%2F.giffmex%2Fsidebar%2Fparallel2>)

to have autocomplete, but can't figure out how to do integrate it with the
comptext plugin.

I suspect this is one of the intended use-cases for comptext, although I am
not familiar with it.

Another option is to use the keyboard-driven-events macro in the core, with
or without a dropdown. This is what the sidebar search uses. Another place
this is used is in the editor toolbar link dropdown
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FEditorToolbar%2Flink-dropdown>
.

It's kind of involved, though. I made myself a plugin macro to make it
simpler, but it has a million parameters (though most are optional) and I
haven't documented it yet. I do intend to. I did write a couple of tutorials
<https://clutterstack.github.io/can-tw/clutterstack-TW5-com/#Demonstration%3A%20keyboard-driven-input%20Macro:%5B%5BDemonstration%3A%20keyboard-driven-input%20Macro%5D%5D%20%5B%5BDemonstration%3A%20A%20Selector%20with%20Dropdown%20using%20Keyboard%20Input%5D%5D>

as I worked through how keyboard-driven-input works, and how to put a
dropdown selector with it. Note that the first tutorial doesn't show how to
do anything with the selected search result (which is just a matter of
defining actions to pass as parameters to the keyboard-driven-input macro),
just how the guts of the macro work with its state tiddlers.

Best,
Chris