On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:59 AM Thomas Elmiger <thomas.elmi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mohammad,

Hi Thomas,

> Thanks for the initiative and the demo. Looks like it will need some
> additional steps to approach the goal of maximal simplicity and user
> friendliness even for beginners – but I would say it’s absolutely worth it!
>
> Motivated by the first example I saw from you I experimented a bit with
> the tools I made some time ago. This is what I could come up with until now
> and what I still consider as much too complicated:
> https://tid.li/tw5/apps/palette.html

Thank you forsharing! I will go through and will share my findings.

> Important facts, concepts and questions:
>
>    - this is *experimental* – don’t use it for anything important
>    - based on the *primary* colour there are calculated a lot of other
>    colours automagically, all tagged and namespaced

This is great! Having few main colors and calculate other elements color
based on them, yet have possibility for fine tuning!

>    -
>       - neighbouring colours
>       - triadic and quadratic contrasting colours
>       - like shades and tints in your demo these are meant as an
>       inspiration for tuning, only a few of them should be used

Correct!

>    - some colours are *static* as they are hard to calculate in a
>    meaningful way: colours for buttons, warnings and a rather neutral scale
>    - Is it wise to *mix* colours for the scale (opacity = 1) and use
>    *alpha* transparency for the shades?

I actually used blend macro to generate tints and shades (mix with black
and white). In my new version I use hsla function and use a constant hue
and then play eith s, h, and alpha!
But as you said for simplicity having the minimum number of adjustable
parameters is better!

>    -
>    - To transfer the result to another wiki it is relatively safe to copy *the
>    palette* AND all tiddlers tagged *$:/tags/Colours* (drag the tag pill)
>    at the moment.
>    - My palette *generator* (compiles all variables to fixed values)
>       leads to problems with transparency in tag colours. rgba definitions
> seem
>       not to work in this form, while they work in transclustions (?!) – I
> wonder
>       if the contrastcolour macro
>       <https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#contrastcolour%20Macro>causes
>       this.
>
> I will have a look! but my design philosophy is to generate a palette and
when finalize, save in tiddler with constant  hex value preferably in
#rrggbbaa

>    -
>       -
>       - *Readability* can be checked for many TW use cases – but not yet
>    for the tiddler editor buttons for example. (They lack dedicated colours in
>    the CSS.)
>
> This is a pain! I did not inspect the vanilla theme to see where it
assigned colors.

@Jeremy I think the theme shall be decoupled from colors! Theme shall only
create the layout and palette assign all colors! So, editor buttons shall
have their own namesapace and css selectors.

>    - The *Colour Scheme Manager* is not consistent in the way it is
>    changing colours: backgrounds are changed directly in the palette indexes,
>    while the others change in my new colour tiddlers.
>
> Thanks again and all the best,
> Thomas

Thank you