Hi Mark, appreciate the additional testing and feedback. It at least helps
rule out some potential causes.

 I'm still quite perplexed as I have been using this for several months
now, with no issues across several server restarts. I consistently get 0
bytes image files in the tiddlers folder, which I presume is the expected
behaviour.

Anyway, I've actually worked on this some the last week, including
rewriting portions and adding better redundancy and error handling in case
of write/upload errors. I'll publish that once I get the chance, it will be
interesting to see if the problem you are encountering still persists.