I've been contemplating a project where if I were to use TiddlyWiki, I
would need to be able to fetch content from other wikis on startup, and
preferably without needing to have extra plugins installed on the wiki that
is the content source.

I've created a quick and messy proof of concept. This has only a very
narrow use case in that it requires that both wikis either be on the same
domain, or that the wiki that is the source of content be served with CORS
headers. I am sharing it in case anyone else finds it of interest.

Warning: this is very raw and incomplete. I spent about 40 minutes hacking
this into place - with a lot of déjà vu moments thinking of working with
FND and prototyping a plugin update system back in the TW 2.x days - and
then maybe just as long preparing a demo:

https://saqimtiaz.github.io/sq-tw/temp/get-remote-tiddlers.html

What does make this a little exciting is that Github pages supports CORS
and with a little luck we might get CORS support at TiddlyHost too. So it
opens the door to some of the workflow that was commonplace in the TWC
days, like auto-importing content, updates to certain tiddlers, plugin auto
updates etc.

In preparing the demo I also realized that it would be useful to be able to
bypass the cache when fetching the content.

Cheers,
Saq