On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 11:36:17 PM UTC-5 Mohammad wrote:

> Hi Soren,
>  Very impressive project and one really can learn alot both from
> Tiddlywiki point of view and also knowledge/information management.
>   While I always have to change the pallet to something lighter (I cannot
> read some text or find some icons due to low contrast for me = this is
> partially because of issues in the official palette),

Yeah, this is definitely an issue with many of the official palettes
(though I've seen issues with some of the light ones too). The only things
I can't read clearly the way I have it set up are the modified date, which
I barely ever use, and body text expanded within the reference explorer,
which I only look at for a few seconds at a time, so I'm pretty happy with
this overall.

> 23:58 Bibliographies aggregate related sources
>>

> You know Refnotes! There we use the Bibtex plus APA7. The benefit is you
> can import Bibliography for different sources and there is no need to enter
> them manually (error prone, tedious)
> ViewTemplates can be used as you did, and one can decide what to show and
> how to show fields.
>
> While I think bibliography on the web and hypertext media can be totally
> different, do you think sticking to some standards is better or not?
> I do not have a specific opinion here and I want to see what is the best
> solution!

I haven't used the ref-management part of Refnotes. I don't think it would
work with the framework I've set up from what I can see because I want
sources to be first-class citizens with their own tiddlers. I don't usually
do inline citations because I tend to paraphrase and generalize quite a bit
(though there are exceptions). And while I like BibTeX, I don't think I
read enough articles from sources that provide bibliography downloads to
make it more efficient than entering the couple of fields I care about
myself.

Still, thanks for the reminder about this plugin -- I've found the
footnotes very useful in the past and I could see that bibliography
mechanism being helpful in the future.

> 25:38 The Write tab highlights fruitful areas for further work (stubs,
>> missing, needing attention, needing excision, to-dos, open questions)
>> 29:58 The Reference Explorer shows related tiddlers (backlinks and
>> forward links) in a concise table
>>

> Wonderful! While I think not all tiddlers need that! I saw it can be
> customized

Curious – what tiddlers do you think don't need a link summary?