Good suggestion, Mohamed; in fact i have tried TiddlyMap -a good solution
for discovering how ideas connect...

But i'm trying to solve for the particular use-case of understanding how
different track of a project play out over calendar time.   In this problem
space, i think Mr. Gantt pretty much nailed ~100 years ago, and (kinda like
the modern "safety" bicycle, invented around the same time) that design
remains essentially the same.

So: with such stable & well-understood requirements, should be easy enough
implement, right?  Here's hoping it is on sombody's development road-map :-)

/walt