Hey, I totally agree with you, and if I sound unappreciative, then I
totally apologize.  I do very much appreciate.

Each one of us learns within the confines of our own abilities, learning by
maximizing those things that play to our strengths and minimizing those
things that emphasize our weaknesses.

I've got ADHD (attention regulation challenges), and I go into dysfunction
when I'm overstimulated by sensory overload and/or cognitive overload.

My safe place is immersing myself in the details of a complex and very
focused problem/project.  I'm at my happiest when hyper-focused on all of
the intertwingled/hyperlinked intricacies of a problem/project scope and
the tools I know for working things out.  When I hit a wall because what I
am familiar does not work, then I go seeking out the new things I need,
within the safe boundaries of the problem/project scope.

It does tickle me silly to know that there are other approaches to handling
a problem.  It is a huge benefit.  But I can't study that new thing right
away, because I'm hyperfocused (like a dog chewing on a bone) on churning
code for the current problem with a keen desire to master a particular
thing (in this case: filtering.)

As keen as I am for folk to contribute their knowledge of alternative ways
of doing things for everybody's benefit (I encourage that something silly),
the best I can do is simply take note of that, and park it into a recess of
my sponge for later reference when I need it.  Back to the dog chewing on a
bone: everything else is a squirrel.  I get easily distracted, but unlike
the dog who can forget about the bone and see just the squirrel, I'm more
like a kid in a candy+toy store, and I don't know where to look: too much
to process.

So I take note that there are awesome alternatives out there (features in
TiddlyWiki, plugin's, macros/scripts, upcoming new stuff, whatever), and I
quickly park that note in subconscious memory for when I hit a wall or want
to just enjoy learning something new.  When I'm in the midst of trying to
figure out how I can solve something with the things I've learned so far,
trying to process alternative ways of doing things when I'm banging my head
against a wall is like having a bunch of people talking to me at the same
time:  immediate over-stimulation and I shut right down.

Most folk don't have this disability (they can easily pause something, and
transition from one thing to another), hence my standing ovation for
anything and everything educative.  I just usually find myself having to
ignore the discussion, because I'm already fully engaged in some pretty
deep bush-whacking.

So that long-winded diatribe just to say the stuff you're contributing
(that everybody contributes, whenever/wherever/however) is awesome.  I'm
exceedingly appreciative.  It is just hard for me to show that appreciation
by adopting/discussing the idea because I can't cope with competing
thoughts.

Well, I also find writing a great exercise to understand oneself, too.  Not
just how I function/dysfunction, but also how it impacts others.  Which has
me on regular guilt-trips.  Trying to stay in a safe place cognitively,
while trying to be respectful/appreciative of others.  Not so easy to focus
on both when the disability is attention regulation.

I can pat my head and rub my belly at the same time, so I like to think it
is possible.  Then again, show me a dog that doesn't like to have belly
rubbed and a pat on the head ...

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 1:37:38 AM UTC-3 Mohammad wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 12:34 AM Charlie Veniot <cj.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The simplest combo of filters and transclusions?  That could be wildly
>> different for each person.
>>
>> For each person, It would be what is easiest to understand and maintain
>> for that person, based on each person's intertwingled way of seeing things,
>> based on each person's experiences (how he/she has done things before, with
>> the features/tool he/she is familiar with, etc. etc. etc.).  So done in a
>> way that is likely easily recognisable long after initially written.
>>
>> Likely done à-la "git 'er done" with what one knows right away, maybe
>> with what one knows to look for without ever having worked with, maybe
>> refactored later with newly learned things (say listops, for example), or
>> things with which one now feels comfortable using.
>>
>> There is no one simplest solution for all.  There are a plethora of
>> solutions, one being the "simplest" for one group of people, another
>> solution being the best for another group of people, and another for
>> another group, ad infinitum/nauseum..  What you may consider the simplest,
>> I consider too complex.  What I consider the simplest, you might consider
>> too complex.
>>

> but one can learn from others! that is why we have schools, teachers,
> universities, books, papers, ... you may find your solution is the best,
> but see other solutions and learn!
>

>> Yeah, I just went philosophical.  Too hungry for supper at the moment to
>> get cracking on some code.  But I am mentally chewing on it, while also
>> thinking about chowing down on some literal food...
>>

> somethies discussing things and having different ideas from
> different people helps to find better solutions!

>>> Yes, I see your nice solution using filtering and transclusion! So,
>>> let's ask a question, I need it to use it in some real cases!
>>> I have a lengthy solution! and I am looking for a simpler one!
>>>
>>> A.
>>> 1. Assume I have several tiddlers tagged with data and have three
>>> fields: st.name, st.number, st.average
>>> 2. I want to make a table out of these as below
>>> 2.1 each row is a tiddler
>>> 2.2 each column is a field like this: Title, Name, Number, Average
>>> 3. Sort table