Hi James,

>>> I don't think it's true that you need Internet Explorer for any of
this, it's runs under the  mshta.exe which should ship with windows.

It seems that mshta.exe relies on the Internet Explorer engine (not that I
know what that means...):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_Application#Execution

Anyway a wiki running as an hta app looks just like it does when running in
IE, and more recent web stuff doesn't work (e.g. the details tag). My main
wiki won't even open in IE (or as an hta) due to some of the plugins I have
installed.

>>> if you are still interested i can maybe help look at any issues you are
hitting

Thank you! Though I've now figured out my mistake: I was using a folder for
twexe_cmd that didn't exist! Works as expected now.

>>> I don't knoe if this is still needed but i have another plugin
$:/plugins/welford/htalink/link.js which makes the wiki open links in the
default browser.

I didn't install that plugin and it still works, but I only did a simple
test.