Thank you to everyone for the entries so far. I always enjoy these
competitions, and I appreciate the effort everyone puts into their designs. And
I love the spirit of cooperation and friendly competition.

I would like to make a couple of small steers that might improve the results:

First, I think many of the entries are a bit too complex. Have a look at
tiddlywiki.com and check how small the artwork is displayed, particularly on
mobile: you'll see it in the splash screen, and in the HelloThere tiddler. Many
of the designs this time around have too much detail for an icon of this size.
Have a look at the other artwork badges to see how simple they are in
comparison to some of the entries here.

Second, I think there is too much textual content in many of the entries.
Creating new slogans/taglines for TiddlyWiki is not part of the brief, and just
takes up a lot of space. The artwork is designed to break the flow of a
generally text-heavy site; packing more text into images makes things worse.
The text that needs to be there is "v5.2.0". Adding "TiddlyWiki" is reasonable
for the splash screen, but unnecessary within the HelloThere tiddler, so I
would recommend that if you include the word it be smaller than the version
number.

Third, I would suggest being very careful with visual puns. While they can be
funny for the creator, they are often baffling for casual observers. This is an
inclusive, broad community, and so we should aim to communicate clearly.

The core of the brief is to make a visual representation of the new release
that includes the letters "v5.2.0". Next time, I'll take care to raise these
points in the original post.

Best wishes

Jeremy

--