wish i could try this on your code to see if it works first, but have you
tried

div.sib-quick-tiddler-jump .tc-dropzone.tc-dragover:before {
display: inline-block;

instead of display: block; ?

sorry am on ios mobile so using google groups is difficult for me, sorry
for short message

alternatively linonetwo seems to use flex for something similar in
https://onetwo.ren/wiki/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Flinonetwo%2Fopened-tiddlers-bar%2Fstyle.css:%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Flinonetwo%2Fopened-tiddlers-bar%2Fstyle.css%20%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Flinonetwo%2Fopened-tiddlers-bar%20%24%3A%2FAdvancedSearch%20tiddlywiki%20Index

warmest wishes, maki