On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 5:49:48 PM UTC+2 Si wrote:

For example take [[books|??]]. By default this will work as it currently
> does, but from a global config the user could add the filter
> trim:suffix[s]. This would be applied to [[books]] and then the result
> used as the search term.

The problem is, that I would need to add a generic way. It may work for
your, but an other user would probably have fun to link to [[foot]] ;) ...

I AM thinking about the possibility to implement the link-search as a
macro. So it would be possible for users to modify the macro. And there
they can do what ever they want. .. It's their wiki ;)

But I think this won't be implemented in the near future, since it will
need a new "backlink" handling function, which I need to think about.

-mario