On Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 6:10:22 PM UTC+2 ludwa6 wrote:

The problem is: the farmOS system <https://farmos.org/> i use for
> operational record-keeping is undergoing a major upgrade to version 2.0;
> this presents a data migration challenge for me & the agronomist i'm
> working with that would be greatly facilitated by an API Explorer.

I don't understand this. ... As far as I know, Drupal which is used as a
backend for farmOS uses a database to store all the values. ... The "data
migration" which is needed between different application versions should be
done on the database level and not on the "user level".

There may be new or different API options, but they need to be documented,
otherwise an API explorer can't be created, because nobody would know how
the different URLs need to look like. ..

>   Good news is: farmOS has an OpenAPI that can be easily explored using this
> open-source farmOS.py library <https://github.com/farmOS/farmOS.py> -by
> anyone with adequate python chops, that is.  If only that were me!  But
> really: wouldn't it be so much nicer to explore the API using something
> like that TiddlyWeb API Explorer -a python project, as it happens.

There seems to be an farmOS.js, which would probably be easier to use with
TW.

-mario