Good stuff for later.  Thank-you !

I'm still very new to node.js and TiddlyWiki on node.js (let's say "white
belt") and I consider myself maybe an "orange belt" re TiddlyWiki.

Just to prototype, I'm going to go with some old-school thinking, just as a
way to familiarise myself (a bit of a "brain-age exercise") with just the
basics and see how far I can push those basics with a little help from
copy/paste/tweak javascript code.  Without typing any javascript code
(since I'm no fan of the stuff.)

Then I can pass the end-result onward for you to socket.io-cize the thing.