On Saturday, 2 April 2022 at 05:55:53 UTC+11 dyllon...@gmail.com wrote:

>    - *Copy path to clipboard:* That's a good idea and should be possible
>    when loaded as file://. UI design is a consideration here to make it clear
>    to users when copying the path.
>
> It can be hidden within a custom/or customized save button once we are
confident the user is informed.

>    - *Custom Target/tab: *Do you mean something like  Open Links in a New
>    Tab, Or Re-Use Already Existing Tab (usefulangle.com)
>    <https://usefulangle.com/post/337/html-open-links-in-same-tab>? I
>    think this only works when clicking on links from a common page.
>
> yes, as per your link, a vanilla browser target.The trick here is once
establishing that the user wants to revisit a site, and or have a local
copy that we use the target parameter when constructing a link to the
address we want in a named tab. Following that link once makes it a named
tab, and future links to the same target open the same tab.
Ideally we may be able to name the current tabs target (not sure we can),
worst case we open a new tab, closing the original tab. The key is to trap
it into A bookmark to open the site in future.

<a
href="https://tiddlywiki.com/#Saving%20on%20Browser%20with%20File%20System%20Access%20API";

target="tiddlywiki.com">Saving on Browser with File System Access API</a>
target="tiddlywiki.com">~HelloThere</a>

>    - *Local storage: *Not really all that safe since we can't guarantee
>    that changes will be flushed to disk before leaving the browser
>
>  From my own experiments this has never being a problem, and if the
changes are committed to disk with "Chromium native file system saver
plugin" this is a non-issue. All it does is defer the saving of changes to
a save wiki step, ie no need to auto-save.

>    - If going with that kind of approach, I would rather just use a JS
>    lock which can work with tabs in the same browser window.
>
> I do not know what JS Lock is to compare. Can you enlighten me please.

>    - *File Associations: *Might work, though that requires some platform
>    specific code such as an installer to setup the associations.
>
> For windows this is a simple registry entry. A very simple install, done
once for all tiddlywikis. But the truth is we should build some installers
for each OS.

For Timimi, there is obviously the solution of disabling the saver via a
> setting, but that obviously sucks if you have multiple people using the
> wiki. It'd be nice if there was a way to specify a priority for savers, but
> I don't think there is one right now. I don't want to add a bunch of custom
> logic to this saver for other specific savers. I could add in some special
> field containing JS that can be modified for determining whether to enable
> this saver or not, but that seems like a lot of complexity for users.

I need to test this as the two may be possible at the same time, but it
could be a matter of manual disabling "Saving on Browser with File System
Access API" buy asking the user on first save, "*un-Check if you have
Timimi installed" as its not required. *Its all about finessing the
interface and options.

   - Is there a simple way to disable "Saving on Browser with File System
   Access API" with a click?, or could you build one in? For Timimi, there is
   obviously the solution of disabling the saver via a setting, but that
   obviously sucks if you have multiple people using the wiki. It'd be nice if
   there was a way to specify a priority for savers, but I don't think there
   is one right now. I don't want to add a bunch of custom logic to this saver
   for other specific savers. I could add in some special field containing JS
   that can be modified for determining whether to enable this saver or not,
   but that seems like a lot of complexity for users.

I just had a thought, can we interfere with the reload button to open the
wiki in a "target tab"? Otherwise we just ask;

   - Please open the following link and bookmark the site, and pin the tab
   (if desired) closing this existing tab.
   - Perhaps also there is a possibility to make use of the "new Window"
   open and close features of TW 5.2.2

Regards
Tones