It's a while since I posted, so I will recap our use case.  I produce a
data dictionary of our cardiovascular data warehouse in TiddlyWiki during
our build process.

A particular set of main tiddlers concern "Observations", while other sets
are "Measurements", "Procedures", "Devices" etc.

Each of these have a certain granularity they are grouped at for
documentation - these are  what I would call the Measurement tiddlers.  So
all the Mitral valve Doppler measurements are grouped in one tiddler that
has the title "Mitral Valve | Doppler", and that page is made up of
sections.  There might be many many other Measurement tiddlers like "Aortic
valve | Area" and "Pulmonic valve | Regurgitation", each holding the
documentation for a grouped set of the things:

[image: Measurements.PNG]

Within each Measurement, a page follows a template and the template
transcludes tiddlers which represent the appropriate chunk of the page
which is generated by the build process.  And also transcludes tiddlers
which represent the human additions of documentation to the wiki.  Each of
these, whether auto-generated or manually edited, are loaded as system
tiddlers to keep them out of the way of the form:

$:/ascend/SOMEPREFIX:Name=Mitral valve|Doppler

Where SOMEPREFIX might be XText.Measurement for the main auto-gen table of
information, and Text.Measurement.summary for some fragment that the user
can edit.

And then the <<measurement>> macro puts all this together with transcludes
to make the "Mitral valve|Doppler" tiddler:

$:/ascend/Text.Measurement.preamble:Name=Mitral valve|Doppler <-- user
tiddler
$:/ascend/XText.Measurement:Name=Mitral valve|Doppler <-- auto-gen tiddler
$:/ascend/Text.Measurement.summary:Name=Mitral valve|Doppler <-- another
user tiddler
$:/ascend/XText.Measurement.stcodes:Name=Mitral valve|Doppler <-- another
auto-gen tiddler

So all those prefixed tiddlers are designated elements of the tiddler with
that Name.

So if we want to change the template for Measurements, we can change it in
one place without having to rebuild every Measuement tiddler if the
underlying tables and bits are still the same.  The inner bits can be
re-used in other pages and the auto-gen stuff never tramples on the
human-gen stuff.  All wonderful.

The problem comes in searching.  Some of the content we want to be able to
search is inside the transcluded tiddlers, but we would like search results
for be able to show a list of basically the final outer tiddlers (the
non-system ones).

We can generate the outer tiddlers completely in our build process if
necessary, but that means the human part also needs to go through the
earlier parts of the build process and kind of defeats the benefits.  We
could generate search text that is hidden during the build process on the
main tiddlers, also needing to bring in the human template earlier.

Each of these elements does mainly go to one tiddler, so it would be
possible to go from a fragment to a tiddler - even if they were remixed on
a custom tiddler, we could tell the difference, so what I'm looking for I
think is maybe a redirect from a tiddler to the tiddler that transcludes it
or some other hints to make the search function more useful without losing
a lot of the benefits of the transclusion system by generating whole
tiddlers again.

Thanks in advance,

Cade