Hi Måns,

To me, it looks like you already have all the examples you need.

Embedit.in looks great! Mind that you would have to take real good
care that your secret API identifier is never part of your TiddlyWiki!
On the other hand, I am really surprised that there is nothing in the
FAQ that tells me anything about limitations, if only as to the types
of documents that can be embedded. Dunno i that's great or should be
taken with care.

Compared to that, flexpaper seems way too complicated to be used in a
TiddlyWik context ...but I understand, you would want to be able to
annotate documents. That however seems a rather difficult workflow. I
mean, who do you want to be able to annotate, how do they
authenticate? Where do you host the flexpaper flash? It comes at
almost 1 meg, even zipped. Way too many questions for my taste.

If you want to have editable documents, have your group of trusted
people and share google documents or use alternatives like zoho.

Just yesterday, I created a little TypeWith.Me integration. Have a
look at the toolbar in the semantic space...
http://semantic.tiddlyspace.com/#TypeWithMe

Scribd is reall nice and looks fantastically slim when embedded. On
the other hand, to comment, etc..., I would prefer to open such
documents in a new window.

In general, I would say, integrating remotely hosted documents -
scribd or otherwise - is as simple as this:

Specify links in your tiddlers
[[my document|link to the url]]

Unless the widget comes with a compact interface, I would not try to
integrate all the functionality provded by the document hoster in
TiddlyWiki. If they provide tools to collaboratiom then that's fine.
All you need is for a certain group of people to have access. But don'
try to bring all the functionality inside of TiddlyWiki ...that might
work in 10 years maybe with dedicated SaaS API's.

The TiddlyWiki motto should always be some variation of KISS ...Keep
It Smart and Simple.

Thus I would highly recommend you used external links or at most some
transclusion template using iframes, which all you ever do is feed
with the document title and url, done.

Cheers, Tobias.