Tag hierarchies are FAR from obvious in TW ;) Many have a google for
"tagglytagging" - it may take a while to get the concepts straight in your
head!

>Sorry, what "normal sync process"? And define "too much" - every once in a
while I refactor say 30% of the hierarchy, and I want all the "child" TW's
to reflect the new structure of the "master" without having to manually keep
them in sync as I'm doing now.

You can import any tiddler from another TW file. That would include a
tiddler that had the name of a tag you wanted. For example, if one of your
tags was "MyTag1", create a TW file containing a new tiddler, name the
tiddler "MyTag1" and give it a tag of "MyTag1". Now create a new TW file, go
to the "Backstage" and choose "Import". Point the import at your first TW
file and press the Open button, you will get a list of the tiddlers in that
file, choose "MyTag1". At the bottom of the import tiddler list, you will
see an option checkbox called "Keep these tiddlers linked to this server so
that you can synchronise subsequent changes" this is ticked by default. OK
so save the new TW file and go back to the original file, change the
"NewTag1" tiddler and give it a description. Switch back to the new file, go
to Backstage again and choose "Sync". This is the "normal sync process" I
mentioned. You should see the NewTag1 tiddler marked as updated so resync
and the descriptive text should appear in your new TW file.

Having said all that, I don't think this will work for you as you are
regularly reworking the hierarchy - you'd have to manually delete the old
hierarchy from the child TW files.

> For future googlers - http://tiddlytools.com/#ExternalTiddlersPluginInfo

Yep, you got it ;) Never can keep all these plugins straight myself! And
Eric is far too productive for me to remember all his plugins let alone
everyone else's as well!