I'm not sure I understand so I'll try to re-phrase what I think you're
asking:

Is it possible to store some of a tiddler's tags in an alternative field and
still have all the native functionality of tagging as if they were all
stored in the usual field?

Please let us know if the above is different from what you're asking.

This forum has had past threads that have discussed having a division
between "system" or "backstage" tags, to be used for application
functionality separate from "user" or "content" tags, but as far as I know
the answer is "no", or at least it would take a significant amount of
development effort.

However this fine plugin http://tagsearch.tiddlyspot.com will allow you to
group your tags by function in the user interface, definitely helps me to
keep my 1000+ tags sorted, only displaying the top 50 or so in a half-dozen
groups, but allowing users to quickly search for the remainder.