On Jan 9, 9:24 pm, Yakov <yakov.litvin.publi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > started trying to tackle file importing in modern browsers using the
> > File API although didn't get much feedback. I'd be interested in how
> > you find this plugin:
> >http://repository.tiddlyspace.com/#TiddlyFileImportr
> > which swaps out the default file import code for a modern alternative
> > where it can.
>
> > Jon
>
> That's very interesting and important!

Yakov! Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

> First note: the new wizard doesn't ask if some tiddlers would have get
> overriden with imported ones.

Ahh interesting! I hadn't thought of this. That's quite an oversight
on my part. I'll look into adding this in a future version

I tried to import all tiddlers from a
> big TiddlyWiki (which caused the old wizard to crash Opera) and while
> I didn't waited for them to get imported, pressing "restart wizard" is
> much better than getting the browser to crash. Another good thing is
> that the new wizard doesn't mess the file address (the old one somewhy
> substitute the file://...C/.../the_file.html with
> file://...C/fakepath/the_file.html
> which is to be corrected manually).
>
> The bad news is that I haven't succeed with importing in Opera (11.60)
> at all. The wizard sais: "Please wait" and that's where I'm (or it's)
> stuck. The same story with FireFox (9). I tried even tiddlers which
> have names and content without non-latin symbols. Maybe you can add
> some diagnostic messages? Anyway, with which browsers did you succeed?

Interesting. I had succeeded with Firefox 9 so something odd is
happening here. I've added some more status messages. Please let me
know what you see with these additional ones. It's possibly breaking
on a single tiddler.
Are you importing into a blank TiddlyWiki? If not could you try that
and see if there is any difference?
Are you able to share the TiddlyWiki you tried to import from. It
would be good to have some examples.

> Are expecting feedback just in this group, or in a specific thread, or
> somewhere else?

Anywhere really. I guess the group would be good to discuss the
plugins and https://github.com/jdlrobson/TiddlyWikiPlugins/issues
would be a good place to keep concrete issues.

Thanks again!
Keen for us to find a future-proof solution to all this as it seems to
be generating a lot of discussion in the group!