The advantages are you can use parts in the middle of a sentence, plus
a simple syntax. Also, you can easily hide a part without having to
wonder if you used the normal hiding syntax correctly. Incidentally,
if you hide a section the normal way (/%...%/), the various ToC
plugins still show a link to the hidden section, if I'm not mistaken.