At first I wanted to just jot the idea below. Turns out I have actually 
developed it right away...
http://renametiddlers.tiddlyspace.com

*Anyhow, here was / is the idea in detail...*

Unique IDs were fine, however they have similar implications and seem a 
whole lot less intuitive for an end user than the following...

I would opt for appending any previous names to some custom *renamed *field and 
then have the internal link handling check for any of those for fallbacks 
and, when found, display that. This would make old links behave well and be 
able to open the newly renamed tiddler.

References probably would need some fixing too. In fact, I would want to 
change the core *TiddlyWiki.prototype.reverseLookup* so that it it is 
capable to match an array of lookupValues rather than just one, e.g...

if( values.containsAny(typeof lookupValue == 'object' ? lookupValue : 
[lookupValue]) ){
    f = lookupMatch;
}

And then I would change *TiddlyWiki.prototype.getReferringTiddlers* so that 
it is able to feed *reverseLookup* not just with the name of the current 
tiddler but also with its old names. This should probably be the default 
core handling. I think I will end up making a pull request for that.

The actual handling for oldnames would be a rather straight forward 
ammendment to *TiddlyWiki.prototype.saveTiddler*.

While this is probably not something you would not maintain much (i.e. 
remove old names manually), using custom fields is somewhat difficult as 
they are so underrepresented (non-editable) in the default ui. So, 
installing some field editor might perhaps be required as well as well as a 
custom style or title that slightly differentiates such an outdated link 
from a proper one.

Eventually I am hoping for some RenameWizard that allows to find all those *
renamed* tiddlers or references in macro parameters, fields, etc...

- tobias

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to