Hi Mario,
 

> If you hack the core prototype chain, be sure you pass all existing tests.
>

How? I literally have no idea. If you could test that for me or explain the 
process, that would be grand.

Every existing plugin has expectations about the core functions ;)
>

I know, I realised that simply overwriting so core functions without 
hijacking can have nasty side-effects with other plugins who wish to do the 
same. So either it will get its functionality at the expense of mine or 
vice versa. So, these are the functions that have not been hijacked...

   - getReferringTiddlers
   - reverseLookup

However, in this case, the only 'better' option would be to hijack all of 
them and them to pretty much duplicate the code and only run the core stuff 
when mine doesn't apply. But this isn't good enough either because I might 
deprive some other plugin whose name is lower in the foodchain from kicking 
in, i.e. by not running core function it wanted to hijack as well, which I 
took away. But then, there always is the option to retrofit my plugin or 
that other one to make both compatible.

Long story short, I think this should definetely end up in one of the next 
releases of TiddlyWiki classic rather than in a plugin (of mine). Renaming 
tiddlers has been a pain point like forever.

So, having it out there might perhaps help push the issue, precisely 
because in the form of a perhaps soonish rather popular plugin it has too 
much of a potential to cause compatiblility hickups.

So, what do you think, perhaps rather make a new branch "rename tiddlers" 
and a pull request for core changes? Again, as for (making / writing) 
tests, I wouldn't know yet.

Tobias.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to