Hi Jeremy!

As you already told me before Hangout #20, you know about this loose of
focus. Memorizing the field and refocussing after tiddler refresh won't
help, I fear. When a test input receives focus, usually the content gets
selected, if I'm not mistaken. So when you type a character, before the
next one, the text will be selected and the next character will delete that
selected part.

My idea would be, at least for my use case, to not update anything until
the "done" button is pressed.

I'd like to explore that idea but I have no clue about any JavaScript API
offered by TW5 or whether there is any. I need to know how to retrieve and
store the field values.

I also like to know whether or not the change of a class in my posted
example can, for this case, be assumed safe? As long as the tiddler I'm
editing does not get refreshed, I don't see, at the moment, a problem.

Another idea, how I thought I could achieve what I want, was something like
this: I need to create some Form Tiddler which defines the layout and
fields which are editable. This Form Tiddler then serves as the View and
Edit template at the same time. It should be possible to create a tiddler
with this Form Tiddler as its template. Clicking the EDIT button should
then simply offer to change the fields.

I hope I could explain what I mean!?