I have a set of 136 tiddlers which I all need to classify into one of 3
categories.

As I found it a bit cumbersome to

   1. open the tiddler
   2. read it
   3. click edit
   4. type or select the classifying tag
   5. click done
   6. click close

I thought I could add something to the view template to display my 3
possible tags so that I can quickly choose one of them.

I've set up a small example on http://skeeve.tiddlyspot.com/#Quick%20Tagging

For your convenience I copy the text here:

   - Given that you have a number of tiddlers having a certain tag (in this
   case "Quicky")
   - You want to review them and assign one of a selection of other tags
   (in this case "yes", "maybe", "no")
   - Enhance the
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body<http://skeeve.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FViewTemplate%2Fbody>to
 contain this (broken for readybility):

<$list filter="[is[current]tag[Quicky]!tag[yes]!tag[maybe]!tag[no]]">
    Choose:
    <$fieldmangler>
        <$linkcatcher set="$:/NewTagName" setTo="" message="tw-add-tag">
            <$list filter="[[yes]] [[maybe]] [[no]]">
                <$link>
                    <$set name="backgroundColor" value={{!!color}}>
                            <$view field="title" format="text"/>
                    </$set>
                </$link>
            </$list>
        </$linkcatcher>
    </$fieldmangler>
</$list>

   - Then every tiddler tagged "Quicky" but not tagged "yes", "maybe" or
   "no" will get a line at the top saying "Choose: (yes) (maybe) (no)
   - Simply clicking one of them will add the tag

Questions:

   1. Why does the modify date not change?
   2. Why do the background colors not work?