Good post Eric.  Count me in. I am off to PayPal with my pennies.

I really like the idea of the Google Helpout function - many's the time I
would have put the call out at some godforsaken hour gnashing my teeth at
my coding non-prowess.  If it came to be could Jeremy create a page in the
tiddlywiki.com main site that directs users to HelpingTiddlyWikists who
have demonstrated (through their service over the years, etc) that they are
the most competent people to approach?

Dickon