If the behaviour has changed between 5.0.6 and 5.0.7 this sounds like a
bug, so I'd like to be able to reproduce it.

I tried the following:

1. Opened tiddlywiki.com/empty.html
2. Opened http://tw5toolbar.tiddlyspot.com/ and located the system tiddler
$:/stylesheet/topmenu
3. Dragged the topmenu stylesheet from the tw5toolbar window into the
empty.html window

Did you do something different?

Many thanks,

Jeremy