Hi Mike, Leo, Mat,

TiddlyDocs was a project by Simon McManus (https://twitter.com/simonmcmanus),
who was part of my team Osmosoft in BT from 2007. We did it in response to
discovering how complex documents were being worked on: essentially large
amorphous clouds of people exchanging Word documents over email, and
marking up changes, with some very unfortunate people at the bottom of the
pile trying to reconcile all the changes. The end results were frequently
not good because the process was so error prone, and we felt that the end
user pain was entirely avoidable.

Simon put a lot of effort into making the project approachable, and quite
quickly got it to a level of functionality that clearly showed the promise
of further development. We had quite a good reception within BT when we
showed the prototype but faced the usual institutional difficulties in
gaining widespread adoption.

The plan for TW5 is that the drag and drop editor promised for editing
tiddler list fields will also be able to handle TiddlyDocs-style TOC
dragging.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:57 PM, <xx.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow neat, Mat! Never saw this before.. I think this is raw material that i
> can polish for use on one of my projects.
> MU TiddlyWiki is a cool concept. Tried some plugins for collaborative
> Wiki's that (kind of) work, especially plugins for users working on the
> same tiddly.
> just google 'collaborative tiddlywiki'
>
> Greets
>

> Op donderdag 27 februari 2014 00:42:23 UTC+1 schreef Mat:
>
>> TiddlyDocs is in deed a really cool thing.
>>
>> Here <http://tiddlyspace.com/bags/osmosoft_public/tiddlers/TiddlyDocs>are
>> some clips on TiddlyDocs from the originators, Simon McManus and
>> Michael Mahemoff.
>> The latest related go is
>> VanillaTiddlyDocs<http://vanillatiddlydocs.tiddlyspot.com/>,
>> i.e an attempt to make TiddlyDocs in a regular (classic) TW.
>>
>> Hope this is of any help.
>>
>> <:-)
>>
>> On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:35:21 PM UTC+1, xx....@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Currently I am using TWc and recently I stumbled upon information about
>>> a Multi-User TiddlyWiki called "TiddlyDocs". The referral to the
>>> downloadpage www.tiddlydocs.com is offline. Was this a project for
>>> commercial purposes with TiddlyWiki framework? Was this a project from
>>> Jeremy Ruston or was it a spinoff by other users? Is the project still
>>> alive?
>>> Also, I can't seem to find any proper documentation about this project
>>> except some bloggers highlighting some of the possibilities.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Mike
>>>
>>  --

Jeremy Ruston