On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:07:40 PM UTC+1, Reto wrote:

> The requirements and wishes:
>
>    1. Each application tiddler needs a version number.
>    2. New versions of the application tiddlers should by installed in the
>    user TW by clicking on an upgrade button.
>    3. Whenever a new version is released the user should get a
>    notification.
>
> Using TiddlySpace comes pretty near to the above requirements via the
> standard import function.

I think you should use the TiddlySpace "include mechanism" not tiddler
import.
TS has the following behaviour out of the box.

 - A space consists of one or more other spaces.
 - let's say my space is:   asdf

It also contains those system spaces.

   - system-plugins <http://system-plugins.tiddlyspace.com>
   - system-info <http://system-info.tiddlyspace.com>
   - system-images <http://system-images.tiddlyspace.com>
   - system-theme <http://system-theme.tiddlyspace.com>

If one of those spaces changes a plugin and I do a browser reload, the new
plugins are used.
There is only one little problem (which can be soved). If a user "clones" a
plugin, they are not updated, nor are there any notifications.

Basiclly all "3rd party plugin spaces" on TS work with the include
mechanism.

-mario