Jeremy,

Two links about bad fonts making it easier to remember

[1]
http://web.princeton.edu/sites/opplab/papers/Diemand-Yauman_Oppenheimer_2010.pdf
[2]
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/17/princeton-study-shows-that-easy-fonts-make-things-harder-to-reme/

Do bad fonts make it easier to spot typos? For me certainly changing fonts
help me, and I've found seeing the different fonts next to each other makes
typos jump out. Either way its better than seeing the typo when you got
back into view mode. Perhaps its when you see the Tiddler text without the
wikimarkup that makes the critical difference.

I did a quick search for evidence of fonts for dyslexics and found this:
http://opendyslexic.org/
* don't know if it can be ported to TW

As a mild dyslexic myself I think that the core idea of breaking text into
small chunks really helps with writing. I can see TW being useful for
dyslexics. I was diagnosed late, in the first year of a degree course as a
mature student and they bought me a mindmapping application called
Inspiration, one produced by Mr Mindmaps himself Tony Buzan.

Inspiration has pre configured mind maps for different types of document,
an essay for example has an introduction, arguments for and against and a
summary.

I could see that a TW with a graph plugin (like the recent Timeline plugin)
could be a fantastic tool for dyslexics and anyone who find work processors
do not really help with the process of writing.

Dyslexics are know for there problem solving skill (a few high profile
cases, Richard Rogers the architect and Richard Branson), i think the
flexibility of TW might enable dyslexics introduced to TW to design their
own tool and optimise their writing skills

Alex

On 31 March 2014 21:47, Jeremy Ruston <jeremy.rus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex
>
> > When you create missing tiddlers you can click to them from the preview
> panel, I found it changes the way I write my TW. It's a big improvement
>
> Gosh, that's interesting, I hadn't thought of that.

The interesting thing is that I find my flow less interupted

> We could quite easily create a list of missing tiddlers that are referred
> to in the tiddler being edited, without having to have the preview pane
> open. Would that be useful? How might we present it?
>
> > and another thing, having the two fonts next to each other helps spot
> typos.
>
> Also interesting, why do you think that is? Because you lose all the
> formatting gobbledegook?

Well there was some research a while back, i made it onto the today programe