I'd add something about encouraging microcontent -- the benefit of TW tags
etc are magnified because tiddlers are not entire "wiki page documents" the
way a page of wikipedia content is an entire document.

;D

On 25 April 2014 17:09, Leo Staley <leosta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been thinking about this. It isn't a wiki software, it's something
> else.
>
> It's like a strange mix between a blog platform, a wiki platform,
> evernote, and... I can't quite put my finger on it.
>
> But here's what I think:
>
> *First *it is a *data/information organizing software*. I would argue
> that, at the user level, Tagging is the most revolutionary, unique,
> valuable feature of Tiddlywiki, and it blows OneNote, Evernote, etc, out of
> the water. People use it as novel writing software, or as Getting Things
> Done and task management software, and so on, because those have lots of
> information and lots of bits of information that need organizing. And, Even
> though tagging functionality in other programs is cool and useful, because
> of the way that Tiddlers are Tags and Tags are Tiddlers, the organizational
> power Tiddlywiki has is phenomenal. This is why some of the most popular
> plugins are those which make tagging easier and more intuitive and fluid.
>
> One of the great values here is that there is very little limit on the
> type of data or information one wants to organize. Anything you can put
> into a tiddler, can be organized, and more.
>
> *Second, *it is an* information viewing/navigating software*. Tiddlywiki
> (plus the right plugins) empowers not only the act of organizing
> data/information, *But also *viewing/Navigating it. Linking between
> tiddlers with quick easy wikitext, displayed as a straightforward hyperlink
> in view mode, is one of the great strengths tiddlywiki has over other note
> taking software.
>
> This is why plugins which facilitate organized display of tiddlers (and
> page elements) are so popular. It's also why ForEachTiddler is so popular:
> It helps tiddlers, which have been organized in such-and-such a way, be
> displayed in this way or that. You can find information that you've placed
> in the Tiddlywiki via numerous browsing methods, not just searches, like
> other programs emphasize.
>
> *Third, *It is a* document creation platform*. Tiddly wiki makes it so
> easy to create new "documents" very quickly, without lots of extra visual
> fluff, mouse-clicks for formatting, and other distractions, while offering
> a decently robust set of actual formatting options. One can quickly make a
> document, of various kinds, and as big or as small as one needs or wants,
> and then organize it in relation to all of one's other documents. I want to
> create a couple of dynamic lists for something I need to keep track of?
> Tiddlywiki (plus the right plugins) can do it. I want to write a novel,
> with one chapter per tiddler, linked together via tags, with other tiddlers
> with notes supporting them? Tiddlywiki (plus the right plugins) can do it.
> I want to write code? Tiddlywiki (plus the right plugins) can do it.
>
> *Fourth *What it's not: Despite being displayed in a browser, it's* not
> [...]

Daniel Baird
objoke: I had a problem and decided to solve it with threading. Now,
have problems. two I