Hi Mario

No offence taken :-)

It's basically the idea of understanding and using a TiddlyWiki as a single
document which I think is important - and fundamental in terms of getting a
feeling of true ownership of content.. - it's offline, it's in your own
filesystem and organized along with all your other "school stuff"...

TiddlySpace was my choice for projects like this a couple of years ago -
and I even had my own TiddlySpace running from tiddlyspace.gir.dk - alas
things was broken during an upgrade, and the administrator couldn't make it
work again... (He did try for a couple of weeks and Chris helped him
understand some of the "hariry details"..)

Very frustrating indeed - many hours of work has been abandoned...
TiddlySpace.com I haven't really used since I started digging into TW5
beta...

I still use some of my wikis as ressources, materials etc... - I don't want
to make my students or collegues sign up for an infrastructure they don't
understand or need   - and I lost faith in the sustainability of
tiddlyspace (development and support) when Chris Dent stopped working at
BT.

Tank seems very promising - and I'm sure that Chris will take it far -
again it is a project in heavy development and I don't have the needed time
or ressources to setup my own Tank on shared ressources at our school atm.
On the other hand I'm sure Chris would help me out if I invested some time
in a local project with Tank.

My dispositions atm. are centered around the usability of TW5 for
documentation, sharing materials with students and creating tools for
collegues for them to use when organizing schedules for delegated work
(timelineplugin was stuck with TW 5 ver. 0.10 I'm afraid..)....

To summarize what I use TW5 for atm:

1) Todo tools for collegues - My principal uses/edits my (hutudu)TW for
general overview - and collegues looks at it as a webpage where they can
get an individual overview..

2) When I cooperate with external teachers or censors (happens quite often)
- I setup a WIki where I communicate schemas/schedules, appointments and
write journals about student progess etc...
I've done this in TWC uptill now - because I've used TiddlyHome by Bidix to
be able to setup a user for them - and have a login prompt.. Now I simply
use the encryption provided by TW5.

3) Students get adresses to Wikis I've set up online with constantly
updated info - or materials for them to digest. They percieve them as
standard websites - and they all share/use same password (encryption - not
for saving edits - just for reading)

4) Last year I made a little hypertext course (one lesson) where I setup a
TW5 with only very little information on how to show external and internal
images in TW.
We spent one hour/lesson on writing hypertext stories with images and two
links pr. tiddler.

5) I made a course in how to use Moodle on another school (for teachers and
administrative personel) - and I used TW5 as a handout with a couple of
guides and a lot of Q&A's based on questions I had recieved beforehand..

We used half an hour at the beginning of the course where they downloaded
my prepared TW5 to their computers.
I showed them how to write, drag and drop images and save the document. I
was lot of fun - and I had a chance to find out how computer literate they
where from the start..

At our school we divide students into 5 classes/levels for each and every
subject. Next year I've accepted to teach students at the absolute lowest
level in Danish - on one condition - I want to make sure that their
computers and aids/tools for reading and writing works fine for every
student in my classroom (they bring their own devices) - and I will use
technology to a great extent..

I want them to get a feeling of ownership for documents created in class,
and I'd like to help them get organized on a broader scale - not only in
our class..

Collaboration isn't really the ultimate goal here - it's more simultaneity
and syncronicity I'm striving for.

Students at level 5 have a lot going for them because they have very
different reasons for being there individually different problems with the
subject - and I'd like to try and meet them where they are and give them
oppertunities to get better and have succes at their own pace..

If I decide to use TW in the classroom - I have to make sure it's *very*
simple to use - and that they will feel comfortable using it on their own
computer as a personal tool..

I might just show them how to dump their personal file on my TW (in the
sky) to get "upgraded" and get most recent materials..

Hope this runthrough helped in understanding my concerns?!

Cheers Måns Mårtensson