Hi Jed,

> The idea is that each part of this could be split into its own wiki
> edition/plugin (or tiddler swarm) that can be imported to other wikis.
> http://nolearningrequired-full.tiddlyspot.com

Right, that's what I'd call swarms. There's a home location, some origin,
where they emerge, going out in the workd.

Now, one could jump ahead and call all that a "plugin", and for some things
that would be the appropriate term.

But that "plugin" word has a heavy connotation and implies some developer
background and responsibility, if not just versioning, specs,
documentation, etc... whereas a basic swarm pretty much had some origin
indicator and a datestamp of its creation, with a lot less expectations
attached to it in terms of providing the most stable experience... could be
just some funny noise, a friends photo-album, a collection of jokes or
quotes... Contacts have always been things people wanted to use in
TiddlyWiki, effortlessly... so, if you want to call that a plugin or not, I
don't know.

What I do think is that the ecosystem might have a certain boost if people
were thinking more in terms of sharing swarms or bundles of tiddlers...
some of those bundles are functional things called plugins or themes,
other's are really content-templates, dictionaries (think flashcards), all
kinds of useful or simply shared bundles that were made such to facilitate
exchanging them.

Right now, we do have those tiddlers with a field "plugin-type:" and that
could be populated with a value of "swarm" ...or whichever word best
indicates that we're talking about a more losely defined bundle, rather
than some official plugin / theme / language... it could stay empty
...simply some form of "shared package"... and, as for me, chances are you
want them listed first, because in terms of your actual wiki contents, they
might just hold the reference content most relevant to you.

Best wishes, Tobias.