This release includes a major reworking of the internals of TiddlyDesktop.
It's really a bit early for general release, but we need feedback to
improve it. Please use it with great caution, and consider reverting to
v0.0.3 if you run into any problems.

Download it here:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop/releases/tag/v0.0.4

Please report any problems or suggestions here or via GitHub.

! New Features

* Warning message when closing windows with unsaved changes (TWC and TW
5.1.8 and above only)
* Help window
* Toolbar for TiddlyWiki windows
* Reveal original file in Finder/Explorer
* Automatic backups

Note that there is currently no way to hide the toolbar for TiddlyWiki
windows. This will be remedied soon!

! New Architecture

TiddlyDesktop itself is now an instance of the Node.js edition of
TiddlyWiki. TiddlyWiki HTML files are run within embedded, sandboxed
iframes with the "backstage" TiddlyWiki providing services such as saving
to the file system.

The advantage of this approach is that the user interface and functionality
of the desktop application can now be customised and extended with exactly
the same techniques that are used in regular TiddlyWiki.

!! Coming Soon

The functionality of this release barely matches that of the previous
v0.0.3 version, but it lays the groundwork for a number of other features
such as

* configurable toolbars
* hyperbookmarklets
* page zoom
* creating new wikis from standard editions and custom templates
* dragging `_canonical_uri` links from the file system
* multiple languages
* one-click copying of text to the clipboard from within TiddlyWiki
* global keyboard shortcut for clipping content
etc.

In doing this work on TiddlyDesktop over the last three weeks I've found
the answer to the question of its purpose: it is to provide a hosting
environment for TiddlyWiki documents that is as fertile to customisation,
extension and sharing as TiddlyWiki itself. Given the funding, I'd love for
this to preface the development of a smartphone/tablet app with similar
functionality. Is that something people would be interested in?

Best wishes

Jeremy.

--
Jeremy Ruston