Further to my previous comment, I've just discovered that `[backlinks[]]`
and `[all[orphans]]` don't take account of most automated links.

For instance, if I have a tiddler whose text is

  <<my-macro "[[Target]]">>

then the Target tiddler has an empty References list and shows up on the
Orphans tab. And if the Target tiddler doesn't exist, it doesn't show up on
the Missing tab.

It's much the same situation if I have a tiddler whose text is

  <$list filter="[title[Target]]">
  <$link>click here</$link>
  </$list>

As a result of this, the tiddlywiki.com site shows almost half of its
tiddlers as orphans, even though most of them aren't.

Interestingly, things *do* work correctly if I have a tiddler whose text is

  <$link to="Target">click here</$link>

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but it's a difficult thing to
search the group for.

– æ