@Dave  I would agree in keeping things as simple as possible when sharing
them with others and go crazy when you're at home... - however:

I was one of those kids who loved to play with lego - We didn't have lego
at home so when we were out and I got the oppertunity I was totally
immersed in playing with lego bricks and forgot everything else...
I never had enough time to finish a (lego) project - and I guess I was a
very satisfied kid anyway - even if there was no final result...

To me TiddlyWiki is like playing with lego. Someone else made the bricks
and sometimes I'll have to change them a little or make small
clusters/modules to make them fit my initial idea.

The point is that I am able to keep track of the initial idea even if some
of the bricks are missing or can't be found exactly when I need them...

Mat's vision of a "quick note edit template" is a wonderfull challenge -
and I personally feel invited to try and see what I can come up with even
if I know I am more a member of the "laymans club of happy hobbyists"  when
it comes to the art of coding...

My own follow up on his idea is this: http://kinabog.tiddlyspot.com/
It's probably just me who can see how fantastic it is  - and that I had so
much fun implementing some of Jed's stuff, Mat's fast new tiddler idea,
Matabeles widget, Roma's GSD5, some style/theme tweaks... - and I even made
some of it into a plugin with Andreas' Tinka .... (my first one - and *not*
anything anyone would need....) - I'm a happy camper :-)

I think I get where @Mat is heading with his ideas - and I'd love to see
what he ends up with.
With the generous help of this community (@Jed in particular) I'm sure
there's a lot to be learned about what can be created with the tools
already at hand - and what needs to be done to make it even easier for
everyone to be able to create their own "Dreammachine" in a TiddlyWiki :-)

Cheers Måns Mårtensson

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/535bae19-9131-4f6c-9083-6ae0b6eb5332%40googlegroups.com.