On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 7:32:33 PM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote:

> I'm wondering if there's a way that I redirect image links based on a path
> tiddler. This way I could manage images separately and just change the path
> when operating from a different platform. Pretty sure Eric had a plugin for
> something like that on the old TWC. That is, I could set the path tiddler,
> and all the images would look in a particular directory on the local
> hard-drive or use a separate server without having to change each and every
> link every time.

If you want file server functionality, you need a file server software. ...
That's how the web works. ... You can do what ever you want, to access
files from a server directory. If there isn't a software on the server that
is configured to send it to you, you get nothing.

Someone could extend the nodejs server, so it could handle files from
subdirectories. .. But imo that doesn't make sense. ... There are existing
solutions that are battle tested and are used from hundreds of million
sites. ... So it doesn't make sense to reinvent the wheel and introduce
security holes.

-mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/26bc465f-bcb1-4e0c-b882-9eb4f3b52136%40googlegroups.com.